Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm Going Home Again (if I was Kanye)

Tommorrow, I venture off to Chicago.
This'll be a first for me and a good look considerin' how much I admire what's going on in the city as far as pop culture right now, and I think that the country's other metropolitan areas should PAY ATTENTION!
Except for the D.m.V...we know what we're doing, yah kno?
So anyway, here are some things I will be looking forward to
- Seeing that statue of Michael Jordan in front of the United Center
[Regardless of the fact that he is the best basketball player of all time, this dude has been immortalized in a mythological type statue, and he's black! go figure lol]
- Spending ridiculous amounts of money in trendy Chi-town boutiques
[NYC and LA hold the specialty fashion down, but Chi-town is right up there with'em I think, and I plan on spazzing]
- I was told there is a district or area in the city that is home to the HIPHOP SUBCULTURE that we have come to know as Cool Kidz, Kidz In the Hall, Kid Sister, modern Kanye West, Lupe and Lupesque artists
[I just noticed alotta those name had "kid" in it, and I say modern Kanye because if you hadn't noticed, Kanye was more Memphis Bleek than Pharell with fashion when he first came out]
- Diving face first into a REAL deep dish pizza [stop being nasty ladies]
Now that's a lot to do in about 2 & 1/2 days, but, I'm Deron damnit....
Let's get it.
I'll be updating frequently during the visit and will offer an AWESOME wrap-up upon my arrival in Tulsa.
"These dude be trippin' cause I'm Jordan they Pippen, mad I'm the Best Ever and they just my assistant."
- Deron

No comments:

My top 5 sneakers released all time.