Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blogs...blogs...blogs...ugh! BLOGS...

Guy picks up the mic.

Guy writes rap over a beat.

Guy records rap over a beat.

Guy sends song to friend who has a blog.

Friend who as a blog posts the song and cosigns it (even though it's low key whack).

Blog readers agree it is hot because blogger says so?

I dont know about you guys but I would like to not let someone else tell me what's hot. I would like to tell myself what's hot. That's just me. If life has gotten to the point where we can't figure out what we think is a good song for ourselves, then I dont want to be involved in music anymore.

Blogger: "This is a new track from (rapper's name here). Cool beat but the lyrics could be better....Check it out anyway."

Blog Reader: "WTF I'ma check it out for if HE says it's whack."

.....Seriously guys, you have your OWN ears for a reason. Don't look to the next man to tell you what's good. Same thing for Deejay's, radio personalities, WHOEVER. If you hear music you like then it's music you like. Unless it's like Souljahboy or something [= 0....

Oh, and for the internet haters....yes, bloggers who hate, please tell me why your last "mixtape" is only garnering 5-10 downloads a day. Oh shame, shame on you for hating. Last time I checked the Red Carpet EP pulled 1,000 DL's in the first week, with no major promotion. So, SUCK ONE.

Shouts out to the good guys....
Modi @ DCtoBC....
Major @ Goadometalk
Judah @ forthedmvonly....
and it's a few others but those are the only ones I check daily.....

1 comment:

JazzTheArtist said...

I digg where your coming from, (pause) on this particular post...but a lot of times, the average person refuses to search for music by themselves...so if someone "co-signs" a track on a blog, he is simply making readers aware of that artist. Soooooo, in my experience, I dont believe the blogger is imposing whats "hot" but rather putting someone on in the attempt someone might fuck with it...nah mean?

My top 5 sneakers released all time.