Blog Archive

Monday, August 4, 2008

Yung Berg, do us a favor and go away.

"I'm kinda racist....I don't like dark butts."
cont'..."You know some women perfer light skin men or dark skin men. it's rare that i do dark butts. That's what I call dark skin women. I dont date women darker than me. I love the pool test.... If you can jump in the pool exactly like u are and don't come out lookin' better than u looked before going in the pool, then it's not a good look. Any woman that uses brown gel to set down her baby hair is not poppin'."
- Yung Berg.

I'ma let that sink in for a sec.

@ first I wasn't even gonna write anything about this, but, I think this statement opens a very big wound for every BROWN person who originated from Africa in this country.
This......asswhole.....unfortunately, said this on public radio and quite frankly.....lemme just get on with this.

I'll start with Berg.
Retire from rap, get a job in the government, and leave the public limelight. Please.
When I first met this dude @ WKYS, I was just like, "Somethin' ain't right here."
Whateva.

Now for bigger issues, this whole "skin color preference" thing didn't just appear overnight. Eva since bammaz was comin' up...I could remember havin' conversations about what my "dream girl" look like and stuff like that. I'm sure girls have had the same thing. But @ no point did i concede or admit to racism, like this idiot. I may have a "dream girl", but i would never discriminate on any girl because she "too dark for me". Come on dude.

But regardless...if I sat back and looked @ alot of the girls i've been involved with romantically in my 19 years on this earth...I would see a trend.
Brown skin, dark curly hair, bout my height....and of african american or mixed decent [afr/hsp]
Soooo...does that mean i'm racist? and, or preference biased?

Of course there are things that we all look for in a companion, and some of those can be attributed to physical appearance. If something looks good to your eyes it just does. But, to go the length and say...I DONT DO THIS AND THIS AND THIS based on skin color or whateva attribute. egh.

So this aint no PSA or nothing like that....it's just something to provoke thought.
And to expose an asswhole for being an asswhole. :-]

P.S. I'm really gonna need for people to not vote for this dude's video on 106 and Park nemore. like honestly.
B.E.T's darkskinned viewer population is probably up there i would guess.....so why would they play his video?
We're not that stupid.

No comments:

My top 5 sneakers released all time.